Report of the THESEUS Training - Sevastopol 2012
Alexander Polonsky presents the THESEUS project during the first training day
The THESEUS training session was held November 6-8, 2012 in Sevastopol, Ukraine. The fruitful training, organised by the Marine Hydrophysical Institute (MHI) in Sevastopol was attended by 43 representatives, ranging from institute directors to junior representatives and students. The following organisations participated in the training course:
- Regional Hydrometeorological Observatory
- Marine Branch of Ukrainian Hydrometeorlogical Research Institute
- Institute of Biology of Southern Seas
- Black Sea Branch of Moscow State University
- Kiev National University
- Sevastopol National Technical University
- Center of Master Training of Odessa State Ecological University
- Ukrainian Hydrographic Service
During the 3 day training course, the goal and the preliminary results from the Theseus project were presented. The focus was on the newly developed Decision Support System DSS: the DSS concept was explained and End Users were trained on methods for risk management using the Black Sea study site as an example.
See more pictures of the training session in the mediastore.